[olug] Dual Monitors in F16

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Fri Dec 2 23:16:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Abraham <abrahams at teknohazard.com> wrote:
> I remember ATI coming out with an official statement that they weren't
> going to provide driver downloads for Linux, but it made enough people
> angry that they changed their tune pretty quickly. That was about a
> year ago.

I think you must have misheard.  ATI has, if anything, been improving
and increasing their Linux support since they were acquired by AMD in
2006.  They have been releasing monthly driver updates for their
proprietary drivers, along with releasing documentation and even
employing people to work on the opern source drivers for their
graphics cards.

Additionally, with Linux use on desktops (and laptops, Netbooks,
tablets, etc) continuing to increase, it wouldn't make much sense for
ATI/AMD to reduce Linux support.

--
Christopher