[olug] Facebook developers in Omaha? and some sysctl.conf stuff

Adam Haeder adam at adamhaeder.com
Thu Aug 25 23:04:07 UTC 2011

I know, I really want to put quotes around that, as in Facebook
"developers", but I have the need to possibly have someone create a facebook
app for careerlink. It's not a high priority for my existing staff, so I was
looking to contract it out. Anyone know of anyone that has done facebook app
development in the local area? Thanks

Obligatory Linux stuff:
I'm currently using this /etc/sysctl.conf on some of my webservers for
performance purposes. Any one else have some nice /proc tweaks they'd like
to share?

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_source_route = 0
kernel.sysrq = 0
kernel.core_uses_pid = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
kernel.msgmnb = 65536
kernel.msgmax = 65536
kernel.shmmax = 4294967295
kernel.shmall = 268435456
net.core.rmem_default = 524288
net.core.rmem_max = 524288
net.core.wmem_default = 524288
net.core.wmem_max = 524288
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 87380 524288
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 524288
net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 524288 524288 524288
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0
net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl = 30
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes = 5
net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse = 1

--
Adam Haeder
adam at adamhaeder.com

Check out my latest book: LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell from
O'Reilly: http://bit.ly/bvQQ0I