[olug] Any Qwest users on the list

Kenny Kant kenny.kant at running-config.com
Sat Sep 25 06:19:19 UTC 2010

  Its funny when a thread comes up that goes along with something that
has been on my mind recently.  I have been thinking about switching to
some type of Qwest bundle to save some money compared to Cox.  Your
comment about the crappy consumer hardware makes me want to know how
receptive would QWEST (or Windstream ..etc) be to allowing a customer to
bring their own hardware to terminate the DSL service.   My mind goes to
something like a cheap Cisco 1700 or 800 series with a DSL interface
card installed.  Has anyone ever worked with Qwest or other carriers to
do this??  Do you have to watch out for the type of DSLAM ...etc that
you are connecting to?  Any thoughts on potential benefits outside
better troubleshooting / stability ?  KDSI out in Grand Island would
even go as far as using a 1700 with dual DSL ports to provide some type
of channel bonding for more bandwidth.  Has anyone ever done stuff like
this?

Speaking of cool Internet connectivity... can you still purchase regular
dual channel ISDN in Omaha?? :)

Kenny