[olug] How to force internal HDD to be sda?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 01:13:06 UTC 2010

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is just an
intermediate step in what you're trying to solve. If what you want is
really to just put an entry in your fstab file, then an alternative is
to check out the various options under /dev/disk(I'm using RHEL
5.1/CentOS 5.3). Various options are
 * by-id
 * by-label
 * by-path
 * by-uuid

At least one of those should remain consistent across reboots,
regardless of the boot media.