[olug] low power linux device for light server

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 15:30:17 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone on the list has any good experiences with some of the low power linux devices on the market?

I'm looking for something I can leave up 24/7 that doesn't drain much power.  I'll probably run a subversion server, FTP
server and possibly a web server (all w/very light access).

Here are a couple contenders I've found so far:
Norhtec's MicroClient JrMX
http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcjrmx/index.html

GuruPlug Server - PLUS
http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-32-guruplug-server-plus.aspx

Something with Wifi would probably be nice as all my ports are plugged on my router at the moment, but that's not a hard
requirement as my router is due for a replacement soon (getting flaky).

Thanks for any ideas,
Eric P.