[olug] Off topic: Roku box users?

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Mon Oct 18 21:19:18 UTC 2010

+1 for more info on the HDHomeRun.  I liked what I've seen/read about it but
if you would be willing to really review it -- what you like, what you don't
I'd really appreciate it.

Currently, I run cox basic straight into a box with a haupauge + mythtv --
no digital from cox except their scraps they throw up on 89-1 -> 110-1 or
so. Man, my relatives in Columbus have comcast and they have the decency to
interleave their HD with the normal channels.  For instance, SD Channel 7 is
KETV, and 7.1 is KETV-HD1, 7.2 is KETV-HD2, etc.  You don't need a box to
get standard digital service or find if a station has a HD alternate.

Cox keeps things complex to coerce you into "renting" the set-top box, imho.

Any who, I'd like to get local HD over the air and combine it into my myth /
xbmc / soon to be roku set up.  Goal -- Dump cox video.

-Jeff