[olug] Ubuntu drive assignment

Jordan Fox vmifox at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 13:44:13 UTC 2010

Interesting, I haven't done anything to fix the problem, but was going
to look at it this morning.  The problem seems to have fixed itself.
My main drive is now being mounted from /dev/sda instead of sdb.
After updating the fstab with UUIDs instead of drive letters Monday
and the OS came all the way up, I haven't touched it.  Monday night
after that fix, my main drive was still sdb, but right now it's sda.

Weird.  Must be all this new auto-magic auto-detect and auto-configure
stuff in Ubuntu.  I just hope that stuff doesn't have a bad day.  All
the automation is nice, when it works - which seems to be most of the
time.

Jordan