[olug] Apache MaxClients and monitoring connections.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Oct 5 20:54:31 UTC 2010

I'm working on sizing an Apache installation using the MaxClients parameter
to limit connections before it impact other shared services on this system.
 The Apache system will log when the MaxClients is hit, but I can't
determine how to get Apache to tell me how many clients it's currently
running.  (I'm hoping to log these numbers during their work-day and help
them determine a good size that balances responsiveness with the other tasks
on the system.)

Is there a debug or logging option I'm missing?

DanL

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"