[olug] VMWare Player vs VirtualBox

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Tue Nov 23 20:03:03 UTC 2010

+1 on ESXi/vSphere.

The top 2 reasons I don't use Xen: a desire for a consistent
virtualization platform and the system requirements - a 64-bit processor
with VT-x.

A lot of the spare hardware I have won't run unmodified guests in Xen -
32-bit only or no VT-x. ESXi/vSphere is the only hypervisor platform
that will run on all of it; ESXi VMs are compatible with vSphere, and
you can create VMs in vSphere that will run in ESXi.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us