[olug] [OT] anDroid recommendations HP Palm WebOS?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 01:16:37 UTC 2010

Does PdaNet supports WiFi?

  If you want to connect your Android phone to a WiFi network then
share the the Internet with your computer,
  that is totally supported. In this case the phone and computer are
connected using USB or Bluetooth.

  However if you want to connect your computer to your phone using
(ad-hoc) WiFi, then this will
  require hacking the Android system for root access. For that reason
we do not enable this feature
  in the Android version of PdaNet.

Is Linux (Ubuntu etc.) supported?

   Meanwhile only Bluetooth DUN is supported (requires android 2.0) on Linux.
   We are working on a linux port for USB Tether but it may take a while.

( http://www.junefabrics.com/android/faq.php )