[olug] Myth compatible TV Tuner card that works with COX TV

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Nov 5 18:55:25 UTC 2010

For what it's worth, do NOT buy the "KWorld ATSC TV Stick UB435-Q USB 2.0
Interface" that NewEgg and others are selling now.

I bought one on Oct-11 after doing a lot of research and confirmed that it
was working under Linux.  A couple days later, I started reading reports
that they weren't working.  Turns out the manufacturer kept the exact same
naming information, but the little sticker says "V2.0" on the new,
non-compatible versions.

And from talking with the driver writer, the changes are substantial enough
that he won't be working on it any time soon. :-(

I have one that I'll loan to someone if they want to take a hack at working
on the driver...

For what it's worth, it works just fine under my Windows 7 64bit test
system, so it is functioning hardware.

Dan