[olug] Myth compatible TV Tuner card that works with COX TV

Paul H. Lewis phldml3 at cox.net
Fri Nov 5 01:01:34 UTC 2010

I'm looking to build a MythTV Box, since my TIVO died.  But before I go
buying parts willy-nilly, I need to know if there is a TV Tuner card
that I can connect directly to the cable and not use the Standard Def
Receiver.  I'm assuming that they are pushing a digital signal, is that
the reason for the set top box?
I'm new to Cox TV since I've been using DirecTV for the past six years,
so that's the reasons for the questions.  If I have to connect with the
box, then that means I can only get one channel at a time?

Paul