[olug] OT: wow

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:53:51 UTC 2010

If they breach the contract, or alter the terms of the contract, you get out
of it for free.

I know two individuals that got out of contracts without paying termination
fees. Not to mention most companies have largely the same terms. The
industry is what it is, and you're not going to get vastly different
treatment from AT&T as you'll get from Verizon, Sprint, etc.

And you can have a no-contract service, but then you're basically throwing
money away. You're paying the same money as I am to subsidize a phone, but
not getting the benefit.

T-Mobile is the exception. If you purchase the Nexus One at full price, then
you can sign up for a cheaper plan since you're not subsidizing the phone,
and there is no contract. If I'm paying tons of money per month either way,
I might as well benefit financially by getting a nicer phone with additional
functionality.

-- T. J.