[olug] OT: wow

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:34:01 UTC 2010

this is why i buy my phones of ebay, but even if you avoid the hassle of
having a contract, you may have to watch out.

i recently left verizon (i had no contract with them for the final 3 years
of using them as my provider) and i was not surprised to see a charge of 147
dollars for roaming on my last bill. my plan had unlimited roaming. i called
to dispute and they refused to read me the plan details over the phone. at
the end of the call she said "i made a mistake when i told you it was okay
to record the phone call".

i'm still waiting to hear back.

the sad part is that *all* phone companies are dirty as hell when it comes
to this kind of thing, and it's my opinion that any non-wealthy person who
signs a long term contract with these companies will have to live in fear.
it's financial terrorism.
some bombs kill you...some have your signature.

the last part of the post is just my opinion unless someone has links to
actual numbers.
i've tried to find the info a couple times on google to no avail.