[olug] Perl/PHP/SQL/HTML gurus

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:34:46 UTC 2010

Slashdot-style threads and moderation is the biggest thing. I did find
that someone recently started a module to add that functionality, but
didn't finish it.

Some of the other features I'm not sure if modules exist for. I'm still looking.

For instance, I know Drupal can do categories, but I haven't seen a
good way to do the categories as subdomains, or allow users to
customize which ones they see on the front page.

I also want to carry the slashdot-style moderation points to the forum
portion, and there is no phpbb mod to do anything like that.

The plan is to have a Drupal-powered portal of articles that operates
a lot like Slashdot, in which only the staff of the site can post
stories. People can leave comments on stories, but there is also an
integrated forum where users can create full threads of their own.

-- T. J. Brumfield