[olug] The microcosm that says so much

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Mon Mar 15 21:59:56 UTC 2010

I'm withholding judgement until the theme is at least beta-quality. I think
some of the 'uproar' if you can call it that is over a misunderstanding;
Lucid Lynx is under UI-Freeze, which people take to mean the theme is done.
In fact there's a lot more tweaking in store before this gets released, so
what we are seeing is unfinished.

Most of the arguments against the change that I have seen amount to 'Windows
does it that way, and so Ubuntu should do it that way' which I don't think
is a valid criticism.