[olug] Linux-friendly hardware question - stand-alone FAX machine

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:35:22 UTC 2010

My two cents

I had luck at my brother auto shop getting an all-in-one brother MFC
9840CDW  to work with
ubuntu as a network based printer.  Not sure if he is sending fax from
ubuntu or manually
feeding them.

The ubuntu forums have great community support in regards to hardware
devices,  you might
find what your looking for there too.

On that note, I agree with Rob.  HP's just seem to be the easiest to
integrate

Chad, CISSP