[olug] Ubuntu 10.4 boot question

jesse jmoseman01 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:58:31 UTC 2010

I had a similar problem when i installed backtrack 4 which uses grub1
instead of grub2 and i wanted my mint grub2 bootloader back.  you can go
in live-cd in my case backtrack 4 worked.    find what partition ubuntu
is on /dev/sda(?) i use gparted but if you want a command you can type
sudo fdisk -l to display all your partitions and their size.  once you
find what partition it's on mount it to your mount directory

sudo mount /dev/sda(?) /mnt
sudo mount /dev/sda(?) /mnt/boot
sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev/
sudo chroot /mnt