[olug] Ubuntu 10.4 boot question

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:13:09 UTC 2010

The boot partition isn't necessarily wiped.

You could boot to a live CD and see what partitions are on the hard drive.
You probably only need to basically reinstall grub.

openSUSE has a utility that scans for problems like these and fixes them
automatically, except Ubuntu uses the newer grub2. I'm not sure if Ubuntu
has a utility to fix grub.

-- T. J.