[olug] Combining SDD and HDD drives?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Jul 11 04:55:47 UTC 2010

Interesting results.  If I read his notes correctly, the RAID-1 setup uses
the "write-mostly" flag to denote the two HDDs as being 'lesser' than the
SDD.

But since it's RAID 1, won't it be limited to the total size of the smallest
drive, namely the SDD?

Or did I overlook an option to the setup?

I wonder if ZFS or BTRFS have this as an option?

Dan