[olug] OT: Lead Security Event Center Analyst (MB) - OMAHA, NE

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:14:29 UTC 2010

Today from the CISSP jobs mailing list, Ameritrade seems to be looking for a
Lead Security Event Center Analyst there in Omaha. Thought I would pass it
along:

Subject: [CISSPjobsforum] Lead Security Event Center Analyst (MB) - OMAHA,
NE

Our associates are at the heart of what we do. We believe in teamwork,
putting clients first, building strong relationships, achieving quality
results and working with integrity.

Role:
We are looking for talented, passionate and specialized expertise within the
security industry to join our team of information security professionals as
a Security Event Center Lead Analyst in a state-of-the-art Security Event
Center. The lead analysts will not only be responsible for identifying and
responding to diverse and cutting edge threats against the environment and
providing enterprise-wide network security monitoring and incident response
coordination. They will also be doing advanced network analysis, assist in
forensic investigations, malware reverse engineering, helping to grow the
SEC through process improvements, associate training and helping to maintain
a world class information security monitoring center.

Responsibilities:
Work in a 24/7 team environment monitoring network and host security for a
large enterprise

Discover, assess, and report on security events based on network and host
data

Interface with client security teams to assist in effective remediation
through controlled and organized incident management & response

Support Event Center management is distributing workload, creating and
ensuring adherence to process

Utilize advanced skill set in support of a variety of SEC tasks including
incident handling, forensics, malware analysis, continued SEC development,
training and others

Contribute to the advanced growth of junior analyst through continued
training opportunities both OJT and structured lessons.

Perform other duties as assigned

Requirements:
Strong technical and consulting skills with subject matter expertise in one
or more of the following specialties:

Intrusion Detection

Incident Management & Response

Malware Analysis

Computer Forensics

Penetration Testing

Documentation skills (prepare reports, monitoring documentations/reports,
etc.)

Ability to effectively communicate with all levels (clients, technical
staff, executive management)

B.S. or B.A. in a technical field preferred

Ensures that appropriate methodologies are followed and create/present
clear, concise deliverables

Expertise with tools used in security alert detection and incident
management & response

IDS/IPS

SIEM

WAF

Proxy

Advanced understanding of network protocols, network devices, computer
security devices, and system administration in support of network and
network security operations

Understanding of Windows and UNIX operating systems

Experience working in and leading teams

Sound written and verbal communication skills

Desire to work in a high growth environment, with a continuous emphasis on
increasing subject matter understanding and awareness of cutting edge
threats and technologies

Technical or security certifications (CISSP, CEH, SANS GCIA, GCIH, GCFA)
considered as a plus

Apply Online::
http://jobview.monster.ca/Lead-Security-Event-Center-Analyst-MB-Job-OMAHA-NE-US-85877633.aspx