[olug] Terminal clients

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 23:17:06 UTC 2010

As I see it, this is a classic example of misunderstanding the kind of
support they're looking for. They're looking for a person who is
willing to always be available for them to call on, who they can call
up and say "It's broken. This is what it's doing wrong. Fix it." They
don't want to have to post on forums--that they'd probably have to
search for anyway, wait a day or so, and then try this and see if it
works. I know, they'll probably have to wait a day or so for the
vendor to get back to them because then the vendor has to research it,
but it's management's "Not My Problem" that they're looking to fix.

For someone to have that "always available" takes money. The kind of
money they're willing to pay for, and Redmond is willing to do that.

I'm not particularly picking on any specific example or person(on this
list or off, living in Omaha or not), but this is just an example