[olug] vsftp and sftp

Trent Melcher trentm at q.com
Thu Feb 25 13:43:47 UTC 2010

Anyone have any experience setting up both vsftp and sftp on the same server
using the same home directory for your users? Here is what I have, it's a
RHEL 5.4 box running vsftp and I have the users jailed (chroot) to their
home directories, now sftp does work, the users can login and are sitting at
their home directory, but they aren't jailed, they can move out of it.
Trying to jail them to their home directory has been unsuccessful, everytime
I think I have it, I break vsftp.  So Im not sure if its even possible or
maybe a different application to use that does both?

Trent