[olug] hard drive

Kelly Williams kellywilliams81 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:03:50 UTC 2010

I had a hard drive that was formated in NTFS. I had to backup the server
due to hardware upgrade. It my software server where I have all the
opensource software, ISOs, and machine images for my clonezilla
software.  I plugged in the drive to my windows system then it said that
It was corrupted  and would not  work and it was making weird noises. I
thought the drive was shot. I was about reformat  the hard drive to see
if it still works. I plugged it my laptop that has ubuntu 9.04 it
started up. I looked on system monitor and under the file systems tab
and it said it was a fuseblk type. I am trying to figure out how it got
to a fuseblk format instead of NTFS that I use it on my Windows systems
and Linux Systems. Any ideas how this happen and how to prevent this.

Kelly