[olug] CDMA Broadband Speeds

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Thu Dec 30 19:53:47 UTC 2010

Mine seems to boost to about 600 kbps for a few seconds then taper off to
about 300 kbps or less.  This is probably what 90% of users do so I
understand why they would do it, but it is terrible for file transfers or
streaming media.

I wonder if the Sprint network does not have net neutrality?  Maybe they
are imposing a sort of QoS for bandwidth they profit from giving you.

I was able to stream Shoutcast before the December 15th OTA update that
installed Blockbuster (including WM DRM 10) and Latest Sprint TV
application.

I have only used 500MB of xfer so far this month.

-a