[olug] Nagios still the coolness?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:25:15 UTC 2010

The question is how much time does it take to get configured to a point
that, when you have to change something, you don't dread it? I think that
Nations isn't too bad in that regard. At the only place where we deployed
monitoring on any scale also deployed Zenoss. I did like that it was very
easy to add a new host; just give it the new host's IP address and Zenoss
will do a lot, needing you just to tell it what groups it's a member of. But
beyond that, we didn't know how it worked; it was too much of a black box.
You punched in some numbers and it did its thing.