[olug] $20.00 Linux machine???

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 03:48:01 UTC 2010

Hey,
Amazon has the Zipit Z2 for something like $20.00 after shipping/handling.  It is a small computer that can be made to run Linux.  So I bought one of course.  It doesn't list the price you have to add it to your cart to get it.  I don't know how many they have so get yours soon.
If you're looking for a really cheap little machine might be a bit of fun.  Keep in mind you have to flash it with Linux which I'm pretty sure violates your warranty.
I had Linux on an original Zipit, it was only command line but a fun little toy, but kinda of limited by the space on the machine.
Obligatory Wikipedia Reference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipit_Wireless_Messenger_(Z2)
If anybody gets one let me know.  If anybody has one please let me know how it worked out for you.  Think it will be a fun little project.
Regards,
Aaron0-0-0"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying