[olug] Alternative To The "200 Lines Kernel Patch That Does Wonders" Which You Can Use Right Away

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 04:42:23 UTC 2010

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/alternative-to-200-lines-kernel-patch.html

Anybody here try this yet?  I haven't.  Being somewhat paranoid, and maybe OCD (or just a nerd) I like KNOWING what is actually going on before I make these types of changes to one of my systems.  (NOTE to Self:  Get a test system up again, SOON)  Although I am guilty of violating that rule in re: selinux... :-)

Anyhow I don't grok cgroups, yet...  And Linus seems to think including the ~200 line patch into stock kernels is a Good Thing (TM) for 2.6.37, so maybe I'll just wait until then...

Kevin D. Snodgrass