[olug] [ot] chrome

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Dec 6 04:10:50 UTC 2010

On Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:34:44 pm Rob Townley wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Jason N <dashrender at cox.net> wrote:
> > I think they are forgetting to mention that we just want PDF's to go back
> > to where they started, a uniform way to display a page that is platform
> > independent.  If they get rid of all of the extra crap, they will get
> > rid of most if not all of it's wholes.
>
> Dan Walsh blogged about a year ago on the selinux sandbox command and
> using it to view pdfs and protect web browsers.

Extra crap? Holes? Protection? Are you seriously talking about PDF?
I'm not aware of any holes, or any need for a sandbox.
What does PDF have to do with Flash anyhow? PDF is an open standard, with at
least one viewer (Okular) far superior to Adobe's for Linux. It's more or less
just compression for GhostScript...