[olug] [ot] not sure on the details

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Dec 2 16:11:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 01:54, Will Langford <unfies at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've not fully decided how I feel about mod chip stuffs, but I'd be heavily
> inclined to say that mod chips in of themselves aren't evil... nor is
> providing a service to install them.  I can modify just about any piece of
> equipment I own (hammers, cars, firearms, computers, lawn mowers, etc) ...
> and there are usually some regulations to follow ... but... I *can* modify
> them.  It's what I possibly do with them after they're modified that
> determines if they're legal or not (obvious exceptions to making a rifle or
> pistol fully auto etc).

<sarcasm>

Well obviously you don't see the national security concerns inherent here!
 Just as it is for the public safety that you can't sell a gun that's been
modified to be fully automatic, having a un-restricted XBox is just as
dangerous.

Imagine the havoc an XBox-armed man could do in a public location!  Oh, the
humanity...

</sarcasm>

How long until I can't re-paint my car to a non-standard color, or add my
own after-market stereo?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"