[olug] Contemplating an iPad.

Jordan Fox vmifox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:26:07 UTC 2010

Further note... I've been doing some reading on the site.  They are no
longer shipping their Touch Book.  Sometime "in the summer" they are
supposed to announce their "newest and craziest innovation."  At which
point orders and shipping will resume for the newer version.  Reading
through the forums the current one seems really interesting.  The
product is continuously upgraded.  If you like the upgrades on the
newer board, you can buy the new board to replace your existing one
(you can swap the boards yourself).  It's using an OMAP3 processor
that you can overclock (in similar fashion to the Nokia N900) with a
kernel compile.  This thing is hardware and software hackable by
design - very cool.  No word yet on what the new hardware version will
be, but there is lots of interesting conversation on their forums.
Latest word is it should ship / be announced in Sept.

Jordan