[olug] Another round: Post your uptime!

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 23:18:46 UTC 2010

We've moved server racks around a bit the last few years here at work... and
many of our remote locations have moved or closed.... and we did change our
dedicated public facing website server to a diff company within the last
couple years as well.

As such, ~300 days is my current best with a quick poll of possible
candidates.

Now, we do have ~500 bar games out there, each with an attached linux server
... and they typically get 200-400 day uptimes on average, assuming they're
powered correctly :).  So can I do the multiplication to come up with a big
number ?

>:D

.... out of curiousity.... 1400 days on a 2.6 kernel ? ... oh... well...
actually it's been 2.6 for *7* years now?!  wow.  guess i'm a tad behind the
times in paying attention to such things :)