[olug] linux

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:35:48 UTC 2010

One thing a number of distros are doing is allowing you to do an
online, live upgrade from one version to the next.  I'm 1-2-0 on
online upgrades but my 2 losses have been unlrelated to the process
itself.  On one I lost net connectivity in the middle of the upgrade
(very bad) and on the other the install I was upgrading was a bit ....
twitchy (to put it mildly.)

Honestly, there's pretty much feature parity between distros, a lot of
the differentiators are just minor details and training.

Bill