[olug] linux

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:55:43 UTC 2010

Debian distros, and Red Hat distros aren't intrinsically easier to configure
as a file server. There are a lot of Red Hat devotees because it was the
enterprise standard for years (and somewhat still is). There are Debian
devotees because it had some very legitimate advantages over RPM dependency
hell, but that isn't the case so much anymore.

Again, I like openSUSE on the whole, so that is part of the reason why I
recommend it, but I do believe if you're looking for the easiest thing to
configure if you're not a Linux expert, Yast makes that easier.

-- T. J.