[olug] Losing use of numeric pad on laptop in SuSE 11.2

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Tue Apr 27 00:58:42 UTC 2010

I have a Compaq laptop that I was able to load SuSE 11.2 and
everything ran well as the primary OS. I have let updates and patches
be loaded when requested. Only now I believe the setting for the OS to
enable the numeric keypad has changed,  since the last patch/update
was installed. The numlock light is on but other than the non-numeric
functions, nothing else works. When the numlock is off the cursor
movemnt keys do not work either. I have a Windows partition and booted
to that to see if there was a hardware issue, but Windows has no
issues with the keypad.

What do I need to look at to change to bring back the numeric keypad
functions?

Thanks,

Tom Williamson