[olug] Ethernet connection

jonsteckelberg at cox.net jonsteckelberg at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 14:02:53 UTC 2010

Greetings,

This is my first post on this mailing list. I have a problem with my wired ethernet connection.
I have a Thinkpad X31 running openSUSE 11.2 KDE.  Actually I am having problems with both the wireless and the wired connection but I want to focus on the wired at the moment. The problem is that when I connect to the wired network at work everything is fine it connects automagically and I have internet access but when I plug into my home network it does not connect.  It seems like it can not find the network address.
More info;
Thinkpad x31
open SUSE 11.2 KDE
knetwork manager
Home: Cox internet
Router: Netgear WGR614
other computers on home network that work just fine
2 PC's runnin Linux Mint
1 PC runin XP (sorry wifes computer)

Can anyone provide me some assistance?
If you need more info to help solve problem let me know.

Thanks
Jon Steckelberg