[olug] Proxy server hardware requirements

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Apr 12 21:02:20 UTC 2010

The smallest distro I have used (quite a while ago though) is "Dang Small
Linux":
    http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

I think it will fit on 50MB HDD, and the RAM requirements are equally
sparse.  From the FAQ:

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Will_DSL_ever_get_bigger_than_50_MBytes.3F

Minimum Requirements for DSL with X-Window:

   - i486
   - 24 MB RAM

Pretty tiny compared to the regular distributions.

DanL