[olug] Tiny computers

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 20:03:58 UTC 2010

If you don't install the firmware update, you keep Linux on it just fine.

Also, you don't need to install Linux on it to play YouTube on the TV.
Out of the box, the PS3 has a web browser and Flash. It also supports
Netflix, plays BluRay movies, and has a video rental service. It also
streams video files across your wireless network.

You could build a small home theater PC, but if you install Linux you
won't be able to watch BluRay movies or Netflix streaming.

I'm a fan of Linux. I hope to see BluRay and Netflix support on Linux
soon. But if you want a box to play media on your TV, a PS3 may be the
best current solution.

-- T. J.