[olug] OT: Cell Phone Recommendation

Jason Troy jason.troy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:21:59 UTC 2009

I've been impressed with the potential of the Palm Pre - with the
ability to EASILY get root ... (enable developer mode) - then you can
then bring up a SSH prompt. Notice I say potential - its certainly got
some bugs that need to be worked out or there are more of these that
will be kissing walls.

There are rumors that it may hit VZN this fall - we'll see. Precentral
seems to be the best resource so far for various hacks, under the hood
specifications, etc.

--JT