[olug] Hello all!

Brady Cox brady.cox at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:30:48 UTC 2009

It may help to post your resume ;-)

In the meantime...

http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/static.py?page=why-cbf.html&loc_id=11651&dep_id=1173&topic=11651

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Daniel J Griffiths
<ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:
> I know this isn't the most orthodox way of introducing myself, but I've
> kind of run out of options. My wife, seven month old son and I recently
> moved to Omaha. During the course of our move (1300 miles) our car died.
> As a result of losing the car, I lost the job opportunity that we moved
> here for. As of now, we have two weeks left before the rent is due,
> almost no food, and the baby is almost out of food and diapers. I've
> been walking an average of eight miles a day looking for work, but have
> had no luck. The veterans' service center won't help because we haven't
> been in Omaha six months yet, and no other agency seems willing to help
> because we can't provide proof of address (no bills).
>
> If anyone has or knows of someone who's hiring for just about anything,
> even if it's just to do a day's work and make a few extra bucks, it
> would be greatly appreciated. Either way, hopefully I manage to stay
> around long enough to participate a bit more in the community.

I dreamed of Moses.  He wanted to put my hair into cornrows.  I said,
"I thought you were born way before those came into fashion?"  He
said, "Don't be silly, your dreams never follow the chronology of
history and the purpose of dreams is still quite a mystery even to
me."
So I pulled up a lawn chair, took off my sword and shield and I laid
'em right down there.  He braided my hair in the shade of a bare
branch of a beautiful sycamore tree.
And when Moses finished he stared at me hard with a squint and a
grimace said "You look so damn good that I'm mad this isn't real life
and it's just a dream."