[olug] [Off topic] Resurrecting a washed MP3 player.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Sep 10 14:37:27 UTC 2009

Thanks for all the hints.  It's a mixed bag of results:
Good news: The rice trick seemed to have worked.
Bad news: The battery is apparently toasted...

After letting it sit in the bag with rice in a 90+ degree (F, not C)
car all day, the device was completely dry inside.  (The Clip is not
glued shut so that made it easier to open...)  When I plugged it into
a power-only mini-USB cable, the device lights up and works perfectly.

Since I use this at my desk about 20 hours per week the time this is a
useful solution.  For my lawn-mowing, I'll borrow my wifes 2GB Clip (a
twin of mine bought soon after I got mine).

When I wash..er, um, wear out that one, I'm definitely getting another
SanDisk Sansa Clip.  The new "Clip +" that someone linked to looks
pretty nice.

Thanks,

DanL

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 16:18, Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
> The sansa clip is a really good mp3 players.  Get another one.  It is a
> typical reference mp3 player when analyzing headphone frequency output.  It
> is higher current than most other mp3 players so you get a more full
> frequency sound.

What Aric said, completely seconded!!!
--