[olug] September 2009 OLUG Meeting - September 1st, 6:30PM

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 01:06:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Luke-Jr<luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> On Monday 31 August 2009 01:25:11 pm Jon Larsen wrote:
>> We'll be talking about GPS, mapping and Openstreemap.org.
>
> That will be an interesting discussion... There is a significant void in this
> area for free software.

 Couldn't make it tonight - pregnant wife wanted to walk to the Humane
Society and back.  Haven't tried OpenStreetMap but i have noticed that
hardly any of the bike trails around Omaha show up on google maps.
Would like a google map option to route as much as possible on
walk/bike trails!

OpenTom takes a TomTom GPS and lets you use it as a MP3 player as well.