[olug] [OT] IBM Authorized service center in Lincoln...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Oct 30 18:22:10 UTC 2009

Last fall I helped a friend in Lincoln buy an IBM/Lenovo Laptop.  The
HDD is starting to die and she needs it replaced under warranty.  She
purchased the 4 year "carry-in" service since I was pretty certain
there was someone in Lincoln who could do it (years ago I know the UNL
computer sales group was...)

Unfortunately the Lenovo search page
(http://bplocator.lenovo.com/et.cfm) doesn't list ANY in the Lincoln
area.  The closest one I can find is here in Omaha (110 and Q IIRC).

Can someone point me to a more local IBM resource?

Or, if we call IBM and convince them that the HDD is dying, will they
cross-ship a new HDD to her, then let us swap it ourselves?

Dan

--