[olug] Remote Desktop

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Wed Oct 28 16:38:51 UTC 2009

What do you need to do on the 'server'?

Do you need to run a graphical application?

Do you need access to the root desktop (:0.0, not user)?

You can run vncserver and not x11vnc, so that you can have separate X
displays that you can connect to remotely that are not tied to a
physical display. You would need to tunnel vnc over ssh or use an
ssh-enabled version to be secure.

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User