[olug] Firewall / VPN Devices

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Oct 8 02:06:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:03, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:
> What's the firewall configuration like on Vyatta today?  I tried the
> live CD a few years ago, but the text-based firewall rule configuration
> was a nightmare for a multi-zone setup with scores of rules.  I
> eventually dropped back to CentOS with iptables & fwbuilder.  I also
> run other stuff like my DHCP & DNS servers as well as forward &
> reverse web proxies on my firewall box.  Can I still do those things
> if I install Vyatta?

Honestly I haven't really done much with the actual firewall
configurations since I only needed simple NAT.  And since the command
set was different enough from Cisco/PIX that I was more familiar with
I didn't pursue it after it was working.  (That, and our firewall died
when I was out of town and the family was kinda put out until I could
get home and rebuild it, so messing around with it wasn't high on the
list...)

Dan

--