[olug] Firewall / VPN Devices

charles.bird at powerdnn.com charles.bird at powerdnn.com
Tue Oct 6 22:44:05 UTC 2009

I like openvpn

------Original Message------
From: Dave Rowe
Sender: olug-bounces at olug.org
To: olug at olug.org
ReplyTo: dave at roweware.com
ReplyTo: Omaha Linux User Group
Subject: [olug] Firewall / VPN Devices
Sent: Oct 6, 2009 5:42 PM

I'm looking for opinions / advice on the above.  I'm by no means a network guy, but need to evaluate / recommend a setup for our network at work.  Cross platform client support is a must (nix, mac, and win).  SSL VPN, IDS, etc.  Where should I look?  I'm coming here to prevent marketing / buzzword overload.  Also, while I'm not afraid of configuration, I'd prefer a more 'RonCo' approach, where maintenance is lower.

If nothing else, the correct places / companies to look at.

-Dave