[olug] Hello all!

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Oct 4 04:20:33 UTC 2009

In a similar vein, you might want to check out "Nerds On Site":
    http://www.nerdsonsite.us/

I've never worked with/for them, but I've always kept them in the back
of my mind in just...

If nothing else any jobs you get might give you some connections for later on.

Good luck.

Dan

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 17:19, DYNATRON tech <dynatron at gmail.com> wrote:
> OLUGgers are here to help as far as ideas, but the IT crowd is hurting for
> work right now, so it's gonna be tough getting corporate employment doing
> IT, even talking to the right people.
>
> with so many "jobless" brains out there, maybe we should organize some kind
> of open-source "expert squad".
> charge less, push open-source, liberate the masses, etc.
>
> most people would hire an expert before a geek any day.
> ...especially if that expert could tell you with confidence that you'll
> never get another computer virus...
>
> i walk into a place with an ubuntu disc, and an hour or two later walk out
> with 50$ while saving the customer $100s (and a lot of headaches).
> that's been my preferred MO lately.
> linux is ready for prime-time, and i can verify that with the daily "thank
> you"s i get for pushing it.
> i'm expecting (and hoping) the next ubuntu release will take the movement
> mainstream.
>

> well, stay strong bud.
> may luck and fortune be with you.
> (and get the F--- out of that neighborhood!)
>

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Daniel J Griffiths <ghost1227 at archlinux.us
>> wrote:
>
>> Irish wrote:
>> > Being a disabled veteran, and somewhat experienced with dealing with the
>> VA,
>> > I sincerely doubt there is a 6 month wait for their assistance. Sorry,
>> but
>> > this seems suspicious - which is why I ignored it the first time.
>> >

>> There isn't a six month wait for the VA itself, the Veterans Service
>> Center across the street from the VA requires six months residency
>> before they provide any assistance. Feel free to call them if you don't
>> believe me :P As for Craig's question, I'm still right where I was last
>> time I talked to you (25th and Leavenworth) although since my rent is
>> due tomorrow and I'm still broke we'll see if that changes... We did
>> finally get EBT so food isn't as much an issue as it was. Right now our
>> big concern is the rent (kinda hard to do when I still can't find a
>> job). We're surviving though!
>>

> --
> dynatron digital services
> box 191 - 68037
> www.dynatron.org
> dynatron at gmail.com

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from
the Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)