[olug] Web kiosk

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Wed Nov 25 15:20:21 UTC 2009

yes, you can have multi-head multi-input.

We setup a dual-headed workstation when I was working with the
Mavradio at UNO.

I used to get email/calls from a mobile kiosk/web center setup in
Israel that had four heads and input setup on each machine in a
Semi-Trailer so that they could get the maximum amount of revenue from
a smaller PC/Power footprint.

You can run multiple X servers or just have one X server with each
screen being addressed separately. i.e. :0.0 :0.1 and assign the
keyboard/mouse dev to each screen.

My truck has a multi-head setup with each display having it's 'mouse'
being the touchscreen attached to that display.

The display I had at the shop was setup similar, one desktop but
discrete displays so I could put pictures/ads/etc on the lcd built
into the wall, and demo mythtv on the other screen, using an Nvidia
dual-display card.

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User