[olug] Web kiosk

webtrekker at cox.net webtrekker at cox.net
Wed Nov 25 02:43:18 UTC 2009

Hi All,
Looking for ideas on how to create a small (4 station/users) web kiosk setup to allow for on-site user registration.  The idea is to have a single Linux box that would allow 4 different users to access a specific website to register for a conference.  I'm not sure how to go about attaching 4 keyboards, 4 mice and 4 monitors to a single computer while using a small custom-locked Linux distro that only allows access to the registration website.
I have found products like nComputing's X350 kit (http://ncomputing.com/Solutions/Xseries.aspx) which looks like it would work, but could this be built with standard components?
Worse case, we could grab 4 old laptop from a recycler but would rather not spend money on old hardware for a single use.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Patrick