[olug] funny, true but funny

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:37:55 UTC 2009

This is certainly correct for the desktop market.  I would argue
laptops, media center form factor and micro PCs are harder to find/buy
without Windows.

I would also argue that when I buy a new car from a dealer they give me
a sheet that I have to check off the accessories I want.  (New being a
key word there.)  If I don't want XM in my Ford, I don't have to order
it.

To better your analogy I'd say if I bought a car to 'rod' up and planned
to replace the engine I shouldn't get money back.  Maybe that's the turn
analogy here.  The OS on a computer is not comparable to an XM radio in
a car but the engine.  Of course I'm free to sell the stock engine to my
buddy...

In general car analogies get us in trouble in the computing world :P

I don't, just typing out loud here...

Carl Lundstedt
UNL